Over the years, horse racing has grown in popularity, actually becoming the biggest betting sport in the UK and Ireland at the moment. Horse racing betting can seem complicated to new players because of the many numbers and letters involved.
In this short guide, we try to make things easier for you so you can understand horse racing betting and start betting today.
Where can I bet on horse racing?
The main places that you can bet on horse are online, on course Tote shop, in a bookmaker’s shop and at the on course bookmaker. All these places are available all around the country. If you’re at a horse racing event, you can bet at the on course bookmaker shop.
Where should I bet on horse racing?
- We really recommend that you bet on horses online because of the following reasons:
- There is ease of access. All you need is your computer or mobile device with an internet connection and you’re good to go. Besides, it allows you to bet whenever you want.
- There are better odds as there is so much completion on the internet. Ultimately, you maximise your returns.
- When you sign up at online bookmakers, you get free bets, visit bestussportsbetting.com to learn more about bonuses
- Because of competition, most bookmakers online offer promotions on an on-going basis.
- It’s so easy to track your spending as online bookmakers always provide a clear breakdown of profits and losses.
- Some online bookmakers have shops around the country. This allows you to collect your winnings in store, meaning you don’t have to wait for the withdrawal process.
How do I place a bet at the racecourse?
There are many ways that you can bet when at a racecourse, including on course bookmakers. These can be found in the betting ring. They will have signs that display the names, numbers and odds of each horse. To place a bet, you simply say your preferred stake, as well as the number of the horse.
There are also totes at all race courses which you can use.
How do I bet on horse racing in a shop?
You use the same concept as the one mentioned above. However, you write down your choice instead. You will need to write down the racecourse, time of the race, you stake amount, your selection and the bet type. You can also use Tote slips which can be found in store.
How do I bet online?
This is the best way to bet. As explained by choiceonlinecasino, horse betting works the same way as online casinos, all you have to do is find a bookmaker and sign up. After that, you will have to pick the race that you want and select the horse. You will be guided on where and how to put your stake.